Thursday, October 15, 2009

A little bit of normality.

I haven't posted in a while because I've actually been feeling alright and returning back to my social life (a little bit). I went back into the hospital one more time for the same thing. The solution appears to be the steroid medications. SO, right now I have a home nurse who comes to my house 2 times a day to give me injections of a steroid. I have the option to learn how to give them to myself, but I can't seem to bring myself to poke myself with a needle. I was released from the hospital October 1st. 2 weeks hospital free, not too bad. I feel alright. I've managed to get out and see some friends, even made it to the gym the other day. Getting back into exercising isn't exactly exciting, but I need to get back into shape. I thin the next steroid taper is where my face will start going back to normal and maybe even help shed some extra pounds elsewhere. As far as the surgery stuff, I feel great! My incision finally healed and I am doing better than I have in a long time. I seem to be able to eat what I want. There's a couple things I haven't tried quite yet, but I probably will in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. How many weeks has it been since your take down? Are you free to exercise right away? So there has been this talk on j pouch life about how at first you can only hold a tablespoon in the pouch until it learns to hold more. Are you having issues here. Let me know what it is that you ate with external pouch and now with the j pouch. I am one month out and well the nerves are starting the up and down emotional game. ML

    ReplyDelete