Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Round 2 at the Hospital/Update 2 Weeks After.

So, about 4 days after I was released from the hospital I ended up going back. I was still having problems retaining fluids. They put me on a dose of Imodium 2 pills 4 times per day. I have an adult dose of Pepto Bismol 3 times per day. (I do not suggest the cherry flavor. . gross). They recommended I drink pedialyte. I'm back on prednisone. That's pretty much it for medications, I think. I was there for about 4 days this time. I went home and flew to Las Vegas the next day to see my mom. Over the last couple of weeks I have made the decision to move back to Las Vegas. I can't go back to work and even if I could, my takedown is right around the corner and I'll have to take another leave of absence. I can't afford to pay my bills and feel bad having my dad do so. So, it's time to move back in with the parents. I have been being pretty careful about what I eat, but not 100% good all the time. So far nothing has bothered me too bad. I've found that starting the day with a bagel is usually a good idea. I drank a ton of fluids while I was there and took it easy, but I also went with my mom to find new places for us to move into. I went and saw some friends and despite the heat felt pretty good. I've been home for almost a week and I am still feeling pretty good. I haven't gotten fatigued the way I was when I ended up in the hospital. I guess my heartrate was out of control. SOOOO, I'll be back in Las Vegas at the end of August. I've been up and active cleaning and starting to pack and find things to donate before I move. I even managed to go out for a couple of drinks (with a ton of water) and felt fine. Still no regrets on the surgery. Also, my takedown is still up in the air.. It kind of depends on what kind of college classes I can squeeze into.

1 comment:

  1. Hoping the move will bring you some comfort and that you feel better soon. ML

    ReplyDelete